GRAND WASH AUTO may amend this policy from time to time as our business requirements or legislation changes. If we decide to change our privacy the updates will be reflected in this policy.
The information we collect
The types of information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us, for example-
- When you request services/products from us, we may collect details such as your name, address, company details, billing address, credit card information, email and phone contacts, etc.
- When you are applying for a position with us we may collect any information required in the course of our recruitment and management process such as your resume, contact details, skills, qualifications, languages spoken, residency status, referees, etc.
- When you are applying for a fundraising opportunity with us we may collect information for the purpose of assessing your franchise or sponsorship application.
When registering as a GRAND WASH AUTO club member we may collect personal information for the purpose of registering you as a GRAND WASH AUTO club member. Any personal information collected by GRAND WASH AUTO will only:
- Be collected by lawful and fair means
- Be used for a lawful purpose
- Be collected with your consent,
The purpose for collection will be clear and explicit. Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear at the time of collection.
How is the information collected?
We obtain most of your personal information about you when you deal with us directly, i.e. over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), and visit our website or when you contact us in person. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party.
As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of “sensitive information” we will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information, which is provided to us by you in use in accordance with this policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
Information collected by our website
Users can generally visit the GRAND WASH AUTO website without revealing who they are or other personal information. GRAND WASH AUTO will not collect any personal information about visitors to our website except when they knowingly provide it. (e.g. via email, “contact us” form, GRAND WASH AUTO club or when applying for a position via our website).
Click stream data
When you visit our website, GRAND WASH AUTO makes a record of your visit and logs the pages accessed by external users. This information is used by us to help our administrator and improve our website. No information regarding the identity of users or other information is obtained without your knowledge while you are browsing our website.
Cookies are small text files, which are places on your hard drives by some websites to store information. The website may utilise cookies to remember who you are each time you visit certain parts of the website. A more detailed explanation can usually be found at the Privacy Commissioner’s website http://www.privacy.gov.au
The GRAND WASH AUTO website contains links to other sites which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. GRAND WASH AUTO is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- For the main purpose(s) for which it was disclosed at the time of collection
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure
Generally we will use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain your relationship as an applicant for a position, including providing you with interviews, reference checking,
- To provide the services you have requested from GRAND WASH AUTO
- To answer your enquiry
- To register you for events, or competitions etc.
- For direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. (If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications)
- Providing a service to you as a GRAND WASH AUTO club member including offering you special offers, inviting you to participate in our competitions and surveys, etc.